This week was one of the best yet! Between playing the games you guys made with your TurtleCities pages, and ones you wanted to watch on TwitchTurtle, I’m spent! Awesome community participation this week, and we’re really looking forward to next week!
This week we all became game streamers on Twitch Turtle, and rode our time machines back to the 90’s to see what kind of websites we could build on a floppy! We’re on track to hit 13,000 users in the Discord chat soon, join us! chat.turtlecoin.lol
On this spooky edition of the TurtleCoin weekly roundup, we brag about our accomplishments and eat candy until our eyeballs turn green! If you’d like to be included in next week’s roundup, type
!tag roundup in the chat for the links to submit your updates!
Developer Community Updates
WalletShell GUI Wallet – With v0.3.3 release, WalletShell, the TRTL Gui Wallet has been declared stable and ready for public use to manage your TRTL assets. Since its last introduction, WalletShell has fixes lots of known bugs & glitches, performance & features enhancements, and lots of new features, here are some of them:
– Address book, which can be looked-up when you send/transfer TRTL, help avoid mistakes on typing/pasting recipient address
– Fast transaction history listing/sorting/searching
– Keyboard only operation, with help of keyboard shortcut & keyboard friendly inputs.
– Public node list, fetch daily from https://github.com/turtlecoin/turtlecoin-nodes-json/blob/master/turtlecoin-nodes.json.
-For node operator: You don’t need to worry that your node domain name starts with “z”, node list order will be randomized everytime user accessing node setting page, so each nodes has a relatively fair chance to be on top of the list.
– You can now export your transactions history to csv files for your reporting need. You can choose to export all transaction or to only export incoming or outgoing transaction.
– Desktop Notification for Incoming Transfer.
– Fusion tx to help you optimize your wallet inputs/outputs.
– WalletShell now have new Night/Dark theme, and is sets as default, you can still easily switch to Light/Green mode if you prefer
– Realtime node & network status monitoring: it will let you know and pause the sync process whenever the node you’re trying to connect can’t be reach, or when your machine disconnected from network.
– Utility: PaymentID and Integrated Address generator is there when you need it.
For more complete feature lists, please visit the Github repo here: https://github.com/turtlecoin/turtle-wallet-electron
Get latest release here: https://github.com/turtlecoin/turtle-wallet-electron/releases
TLDR; WalletShell, as of now, is the most feature packed Desktop GUI Wallet for TurtleCoin -:) -labaylabay
Developer Community Updates
Dear TRTL Community,
This week, you’ve all been extra awesome, and made some of your biggest moves yet. We just want to say that every day you guys amaze us and put the smiles on our faces and wind in our sails to keep pushing this project forward. Keep up the momentum, and keep being the example to others for what a Good Turtle should be! You guys rock!
This week on Krang – I hit some walls with Rancher and decided to focus on a more traditional basic solution. This is a nice to have feature but can be included later. – Started on a simple python Script that will (Work in progress)
TURTLECOIN v.0.8.3 HAS BEEN RELEASED!!!
The fork happens in about 4-5 days at height 800,000
This upgrade adds the ability for the network to drop old peers from the swarm when they have not upgraded after a fork. Old peers from the first and second fork are still running daemons and causing slowness and instability for other users. This fix will solve that issue going forward.
TRTL CLI – TRTL CLI is a tool to check TurtleCoin’s network status and straight from your terminal. Right now you can check the latest price, networks hashrate, calculate your TRTL net worth or print a swanson with “`trtl ascii swanson“` thanks to Xaz’s contributions. Feel free to add new things and I will merge it right away, the code is really simple. – mrrovot