In this better late than never edition of the weekend roundup, we test our skills of survival while waiting for the Comcast guy!
I’ve managed to get the TurtleCoin binaries to compile on Alpine. There were a couple of issues that were preventing this. The first issue is that ucontext was deprecated in POSIX which musl adheres to. Thankfully someone had created a library that solves the problem. The second issue was that musl has a PAGE_SIZE macro defined in limits.h that was conflicting with a parameter used on slow-hash.c. This has now been changed to page_size in the core, resolving the conflict. So far, I’ve created three images. The first image, which is meant to be a starting point for your own images, builds all the binaries in Alpine then copies them to a scratch container resulting in an image size of 22.6MB. The zedwallet container comes in at 7.96MB and the TurtleCoind image, which includes checkpoints, is only 90MB. I plan to create a series of docker-compose files that will tie them together to help accomplish various tasks. You can view the images on Docker Hub – Andrew | trtl.rocks