This week was one of the best yet! Between playing the games you guys made with your TurtleCities pages, and ones you wanted to watch on TwitchTurtle, I’m spent! Awesome community participation this week, and we’re really looking forward to next week!
This week we all became game streamers on Twitch Turtle, and rode our time machines back to the 90’s to see what kind of websites we could build on a floppy! We’re on track to hit 13,000 users in the Discord chat soon, join us! chat.turtlecoin.lol
Developer Community Updates
WalletShell GUI Wallet – With v0.3.3 release, WalletShell, the TRTL Gui Wallet has been declared stable and ready for public use to manage your TRTL assets. Since its last introduction, WalletShell has fixes lots of known bugs & glitches, performance & features enhancements, and lots of new features, here are some of them:
– Address book, which can be looked-up when you send/transfer TRTL, help avoid mistakes on typing/pasting recipient address
– Fast transaction history listing/sorting/searching
– Keyboard only operation, with help of keyboard shortcut & keyboard friendly inputs.
– Public node list, fetch daily from https://github.com/turtlecoin/turtlecoin-nodes-json/blob/master/turtlecoin-nodes.json.
-For node operator: You don’t need to worry that your node domain name starts with “z”, node list order will be randomized everytime user accessing node setting page, so each nodes has a relatively fair chance to be on top of the list.
– You can now export your transactions history to csv files for your reporting need. You can choose to export all transaction or to only export incoming or outgoing transaction.
– Desktop Notification for Incoming Transfer.
– Fusion tx to help you optimize your wallet inputs/outputs.
– WalletShell now have new Night/Dark theme, and is sets as default, you can still easily switch to Light/Green mode if you prefer
– Realtime node & network status monitoring: it will let you know and pause the sync process whenever the node you’re trying to connect can’t be reach, or when your machine disconnected from network.
– Utility: PaymentID and Integrated Address generator is there when you need it.
For more complete feature lists, please visit the Github repo here: https://github.com/turtlecoin/turtle-wallet-electron
Get latest release here: https://github.com/turtlecoin/turtle-wallet-electron/releases
TLDR; WalletShell, as of now, is the most feature packed Desktop GUI Wallet for TurtleCoin -:) -labaylabay
NO WITTY SUBTITLES, THIS WEEK WE GOT A WEB WALLET IN PRODUCTION! TRY IT!
Shellnet Web Wallet!!! After many weeks of development, the Shellnet Web Wallet is finally online. To get started, make an account and export your wallet keys into a secure location. Contact me on discord if you have a feature request or need support – https://discord.gg/C2as5Yt – DSAnon
Features currently in development:
– Add message in transaction
– Delete account
– Change password
Shellnet donation address: TRTLv2A8Gum5ZAUvfdTEaJQVHmUizpje6hAs3dhTH6hZijzqxv3GkFiX9vamnUcG35BkQy6VfwUy5CsV9YNomioPGGyVhMKsaFR
We’ve got your Krang automation updates, we’ve got your Twitch tipping integration, we’ve got your algo updates, we’ve got your humble Masari devs, we’ve got it all today and today only, folks! No money down, no interest, any algorithm, you got a pen you drive it off the lot, in this late edition of the TRTL Roundup!
This week we got listed on SimpleSwap and CryptoChartIndex and got our integration with Bisq DEX approved!
This week we got listed on CoinMarketCap, grew by 400 users, and competed in our first annual snail race!
Community Project Updates
Cryptonote Tree–One day, a week or two ago, Rock mentioned his desire for this magical place, where someone could see a diagram of all cryptonote code forks. Just looking at github fork history, you end up with repo forks that don’t produce a coin, and you miss coins that don’t have the original fork reference. So I threw together cryptonotetree.com, and with some help from my fellow turtles, we have an initial dataset. The more community involvement, the better. Help complete the story by submitting a PR to https://github.com/jerme404/cryptonote-tree-json –JerMe404 – Turtley McTurtleton McDrizzle
There was cheering, there were tears of joy, we have finally made it!
This week we became more than a meme coin, went live with a new algorithm, got a step closer to compiling on Raspberry Pi and hung out with podcast celebs 🙂
This week we opened our school of shitcoin artistry, added about 10 devs to the fold, and forgot to write about it until Monday. Hard work over here, folks. Don’t get none on ya! Check it out!
Zpalmtree’s “How To Fork TurtleCoin” Tutorial — “I had a really fun time this weekend live-blogging the process of making my own altcoin forked from TurtleCoin with Zpalmtree’s new guide for how to fork TurtleCoin properly.