@Turtley McTurtleton McDrizzle Thanks for doing the interview. I wanted to talk today about ForkMaps, and what forking means to the community, and why it’s worth tracking.
Developer Community Updates
WalletShell GUI Wallet – With v0.3.3 release, WalletShell, the TRTL Gui Wallet has been declared stable and ready for public use to manage your TRTL assets. Since its last introduction, WalletShell has fixes lots of known bugs & glitches, performance & features enhancements, and lots of new features, here are some of them:
– Address book, which can be looked-up when you send/transfer TRTL, help avoid mistakes on typing/pasting recipient address
– Fast transaction history listing/sorting/searching
– Keyboard only operation, with help of keyboard shortcut & keyboard friendly inputs.
– Public node list, fetch daily from https://github.com/turtlecoin/turtlecoin-nodes-json/blob/master/turtlecoin-nodes.json.
-For node operator: You don’t need to worry that your node domain name starts with “z”, node list order will be randomized everytime user accessing node setting page, so each nodes has a relatively fair chance to be on top of the list.
– You can now export your transactions history to csv files for your reporting need. You can choose to export all transaction or to only export incoming or outgoing transaction.
– Desktop Notification for Incoming Transfer.
– Fusion tx to help you optimize your wallet inputs/outputs.
– WalletShell now have new Night/Dark theme, and is sets as default, you can still easily switch to Light/Green mode if you prefer
– Realtime node & network status monitoring: it will let you know and pause the sync process whenever the node you’re trying to connect can’t be reach, or when your machine disconnected from network.
– Utility: PaymentID and Integrated Address generator is there when you need it.
For more complete feature lists, please visit the Github repo here: https://github.com/turtlecoin/turtle-wallet-electron
Get latest release here: https://github.com/turtlecoin/turtle-wallet-electron/releases
TLDR; WalletShell, as of now, is the most feature packed Desktop GUI Wallet for TurtleCoin -:) -labaylabay
Developer Community Updates
Fork this, Fork that, Fork yer mom, Fork you too. Let’s get to the bottom of this whole forking deal and talk about what the fork is going on!
There are a few types of forks, and the goal here is to give you a basic understanding of all of them so nobody has to be afraid of what they mean. If you have questions, or want to talk more, you can catch us in Discord.
TRTL CLI – TRTL CLI is a tool to check TurtleCoin’s network status and straight from your terminal. Right now you can check the latest price, networks hashrate, calculate your TRTL net worth or print a swanson with “`trtl ascii swanson“` thanks to Xaz’s contributions. Feel free to add new things and I will merge it right away, the code is really simple. – mrrovot
Welcome to the fifth installment of Out of the Shell, a series of interviews with the developers, designers, and doers behind TurtleCoin. This is @gigantomachia and I’ll be your host.
Welcome to the third installment of Out of the Shell, a series of interviews with the developers, designers, and doers behind TurtleCoin. This is @gigantomachia and I’ll be your host.