With all the commotion about the next fork upgrade, and the debut of our new hashing algo, CN Turtle, I wanted to make sure everyone has the run down about the fork upgrade before it arrives in a few weeks. Today, I got with IBurnMyCD who has been the lead on this algo and got a short interview about what is CN Turtle and what does it mean to me, both as a miner and a user.
Happy new year! It’s been a great year with you all, and I hope you’ve all made the resolution to mine more TRTL this year, because we’ve got a heck of an update for you! Read more about the upcoming PoW upgrade! 30 days!
Developer Community Updates
WalletShell GUI Wallet – With v0.3.3 release, WalletShell, the TRTL Gui Wallet has been declared stable and ready for public use to manage your TRTL assets. Since its last introduction, WalletShell has fixes lots of known bugs & glitches, performance & features enhancements, and lots of new features, here are some of them:
– Address book, which can be looked-up when you send/transfer TRTL, help avoid mistakes on typing/pasting recipient address
– Fast transaction history listing/sorting/searching
– Keyboard only operation, with help of keyboard shortcut & keyboard friendly inputs.
– Public node list, fetch daily from https://github.com/turtlecoin/turtlecoin-nodes-json/blob/master/turtlecoin-nodes.json.
-For node operator: You don’t need to worry that your node domain name starts with “z”, node list order will be randomized everytime user accessing node setting page, so each nodes has a relatively fair chance to be on top of the list.
– You can now export your transactions history to csv files for your reporting need. You can choose to export all transaction or to only export incoming or outgoing transaction.
– Desktop Notification for Incoming Transfer.
– Fusion tx to help you optimize your wallet inputs/outputs.
– WalletShell now have new Night/Dark theme, and is sets as default, you can still easily switch to Light/Green mode if you prefer
– Realtime node & network status monitoring: it will let you know and pause the sync process whenever the node you’re trying to connect can’t be reach, or when your machine disconnected from network.
– Utility: PaymentID and Integrated Address generator is there when you need it.
For more complete feature lists, please visit the Github repo here: https://github.com/turtlecoin/turtle-wallet-electron
Get latest release here: https://github.com/turtlecoin/turtle-wallet-electron/releases
TLDR; WalletShell, as of now, is the most feature packed Desktop GUI Wallet for TurtleCoin -:) -labaylabay
fexra thanks for agreeing to the interview. I think this one will really put some perspective out there for people who are skeptical about the enterprise capability of the TRTL Network. If you had to shill me your hosted services in 30 seconds or less, what would you say?